Tuesday, April 20, 2010

On An Isle In The Sea- What A Lovely Place To Be...

I never thought that one day I'd live on a tiny rock surrounded by water, but I find myself here nonetheless; and what a unique experience it has turned out to be. It was divine intervention that brought me here, and the magnificence of the sights, the school, the people, and the aloha spirit that has kept me here. I have grown and developed in ways I never thought possible, and am now working towards righteous goals I never realized I deserved. It's amazing that by being alone you find yourself- you start to see your imperfections merely as mountains not yet conquered, and you find the confidence to keep pushing through your trials. You find out which friendships were meant to last forever, and those which had only a brief purpose in your life and have gone as quickly as they came. You decide which aspects of your past you will let influence your future, and what is truly important to you as an individual.

Books have become a great part of my life now, I see them as a symbol of freedom of intellect that proves the understanding and depth of humankind. Through studying them, I've discovered how all people eventually become books. Each of us leaves a legacy, and it can either be a bestselling novel or neglected paperback; it can either be enduring or forgotten in a heartbeat. I have yet to be written but if I were, you would read of a window to see heaven and earth, and shoes to walk them both. A sinner to teach, and a saint to learn from. A battle to fight, a war to win. A heart to love people, a door for them to leave through- But near my climax there would be joy and an enduring smile. No cry of anguish, no tearless rage. No complete closure, no final page.

To my wonderful family, thank you for molding me into the woman I am now- I'm like a turtle on a fencepost, others may marvel at how I got here, but one thing they know for sure is that I didn't get here by myself. I will never be able to thank you enough for all of the time and effort you put into teaching me. I love you all dearly, and hope to see you again soon :)
No Empty Chairs...

4 comments:

  1. okay, just promise when the book is published, that you've written it...you've got mad skillz! as for the turtle on the post? that's the only way i'll see you now...with your little legs wiggling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Blog Paris! I added yours to mine so I can keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! If I had read this in a book at Borders I would have bought the book just to see what else you had to say. Yeah...this is one of your gifts. Thank you for sharing. It is going to be a joy for me to read every day. Missing you! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, my...such satisfying imagery you construct with syllables and consonants and such....I find myself looking over at you in my mind's eye; no longer looking down at a child...Love ya! Dad

    ReplyDelete