Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Long Distance Auntie

I never realize how far away I live until I get a long distance call from one of you kiddos. You tell me about the cute boy you met, or the dress you're wearing to the dance; you tell me about church and school, and what's been troubling you this week. And when you do I just can't help but tear up, because I miss you so dang much!
I want to help you all mend everything that's broken.
I want to help you remember the all good times we've had.
I want to be a confidante for each of you.
I want to be there when you discover your talents.
I want to hold your hands as you go through troubling times.
I want to party with you when you find something to celebrate.
I want to help you make your big decisions.
I want to help you find your testimony.
I want to be in all your pictures.
But most of all I want to see all of you smile :)
...And I can't help but feel like if only I had taken the time to do those things when I was there, I wouldn't be feeling the way that I am now.
I want to tell you how one of a kind you really are, but it's just not the same on a long distance call. I'm sorry if I ever took you for granted, but trust me- I think about you every day that I'm here. I love to watch you grow, and am so proud of all the things you are accomplishing. Can't wait to see you you each again soon,
Auntie Paris loves you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment